Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 4 • 2m

Hello, I have a question about history. For Chapter 3, I have one thing that makes me confused. I understand that the federal government wants to collect more substantial tax revenue in order to ease inequalities. However, Quebec and Ontario refused. Then they give subsidized programs for the provinces who agreed, and they slip the cost. My question is that what is the cost that they slip together? The cost of tax revenue?

Histoire

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2m

Hi AdorableApatosaurus7671 😊

Thanks for your question!

To encourage provinces to cooperate with the federal government’s plan, the federal government offered to fund certain subsidized programs. These could include healthcare, social assistance, or other public services.

The "cost" that is split refers to the funding of these subsidized programs. When a province agrees to the federal government’s plan, both the federal government and the provincial government share the financial burden of these programs. This means the federal government would provide a portion of the funding, and the provincial government would cover the rest.

Ask if you have any further questions.

We enjoy your participation to the Help Zone 😎

Poser une question