Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Secondary III • 1mo.

Hello, is there any good and free websites to practice French in elementary level?

I want to be able to speak French well in about 6 months. Would that be possible?

Thanks.

Other

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (3)

• Options
    Secondary I • 1mo.

Hi,

I highly recommend you spend some time in an environment where people speak french. You can also read french books or watch french tv shows.

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 1mo.

Hi there!

Thanks for checking in :)

Being able to speak fluently any language takes a lot of practice! We sure have some resources that help to learn vocabulary, like our game Magimot:

My best advice to speak french would be to listen to videos or shows in French, with or without subtitles! That helps our brain to pickup on certain words of sentences! None the less, practice is truly key!

Hope that helps a bit!

Have a great day :)

Ariane

• Options
    Secondary V • 1mo. edited July 29

Hello,

I don't know for websites but I highly recommend you to put yourself in an environment where you often hear French (watching tv shows or movies in French, talking with people in French, reading books in French, ...). Personally, when I was trying to learn a new language, the things that really worked for me were to watch movies or videos in that language and hear real people talk with it outside. Also don't forget that the " dictionary French " is not always the French talked by people nowadays. Finally, it's normal if some words seems really strange and hard to say, don't discourage yourself, it take times to learn a new language. I hope I helped you, good luck for your learning journey!

* Note: I'm not a teacher neither someone employed by Alloprof, so don't consider my message like something "official", I don't guarantee my learning tactics will work for you, I can just tell you it did for me.

Ask a question